With so much Halloween going on at Kid’s Corner Preschools, we thought it’d be a good idea to provide a list of costumes you can make or buy for your preschoolers. Below is a list of historical figures, book characters, Dr. Suess characters, and costumes for girls. We think these costumes will not only make this Halloween the best ever, but they all bring good lessons to share with your child, from heroism, to accomplishment, to characters they can believe in.
So, good luck finding your costumes, and Happy Halloween from Kid’s Corner Preschool!
Historical Costumes for Preschoolers:
- Ben Franklin: Inventor, Statesman, Founding Father.
- Albert Einstein: E=mc2. Theoretical physicist who discovered Relativity.
- Amelia Earhart: Aviation pioneer and author.
- Angela Davis: African American, counterculture civil rights activist.
- Jane Goodall: Anthropologist famous for her work with chimpanzees.
- Dr. Mae Jemison: The first black woman to go into space. An astronaut.
- Frida Kahlo (artist): Famous Mexican artist.
- Notorious R.B.G.: Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg.
Costumes for Preschool Girls:
- A Suffragette: An early 19th century woman who fought for women’s voting rights.
- Elle Woods: The relentless heroine in the movie ‘Legally Blonde’
- Princess Leia: The smart, witty, strong heroine in Star Wars.
- Wonder Woman: Comic book heroine.
- Rosie the Riveter: WWII icon who represented the women who worked in factories. (baby) (girls)
- Hermione: Your daughter already knows all about Hermione.
- Louise or Tina Belcher: From the show Bob’s Burgers.
- Katniss Everdeen: The bow-and-arrow slinging heroine in Hunger Games. (plus bow)
- Ghostbuster: We just had our first women Ghostbusters. Be one!
- Megan Rapinoe: The star of USA’s Women’s World Cup Championship team.
Book or Play Character Costumes:
- Dr. Suess Characters: So many great characters to choose from. Here a few:
- Where the Wild Things Are: Go as Max or any of the Wild Things from Maurice Sendak’s famous picture book.
- Curious George: Everybody loves a cute monkey.
- Wesley or Buttercup from The Princess Bride (yes, it’s a book, too)
- Anybody from The Wizard of Oz: Dorothy, the Cowardly Lion, the Tin Man, the Scarecrow or maybe even the Wizard himself.
- Peter or Tinkerbell from Peter Pan. Don’t forget Captain Hook and Wendy.
- Waldo from Where’s Waldo?
Whatever costume you choose for your kid, all of us at Kid’s Corner wish you and your family a safe and fun Halloween.