You can enroll your child in a great preschool and get child care assistance in Arizona. Through the Arizona Department of Economic Security (DES) and other programs, you may have the opportunity to get financial assistance for your child’s education. Kid’s Corner is fully approved by DES and can help walk you through the process.
How to Apply through DES
DES has a very simple process to apply for child care financial assistance. This help is available for families with low-income, young parents enrolled in a GED or similar program, homeless families, victims of domestic abuse, and those who are unable to work due to a disability.
Visit the DES page to begin this simple process:
- Fill out the application (PDF). This form spells out your rights, so give it a look now.
- Select Kid’s Corner (Mesa or Gilbert) as your DES-approved child care provider.
Once you’ve completed that process, DES can take up to 30 days to process your application and may contact you during that process. Please respond to them quickly!
Other Means of Child Care Support
In addition to help from DES, there are a few other ways to get help or reduce the costs of your kid’s child care and preschool education. These include:
- Child Care Resource and Referral (CCR&R) offers a scholarship as part of their First Things First program. These scholarships are offered through Quality First schools (like Kid’s Corner, a Quality Plus 4-star Rated school!) to families who are “working, attending school or choosing to place their child in a quality early childhood education setting.” Call one of our campuses today to get the process started.
- Our military families may qualify for help through Child Care Aware® of America.
- The IRS offers help through Tax Credits. Be sure to take advantage of those. How?
Get Financial Help for Child Care Now
Kid’s Corner is both a DES approved child care provider and a Quality First rated school. Our professional staff canl help you find the financial assistance for child care that you need. Call one of our campuses today to get started.
Mesa: (480) 267-9419
Gilbert: (480) 267-9427